- There is one God, the Eternal, the Only Being; none exists save God.
- There is one Master, the Guiding Spirit of all souls, who constantly leads humanity toward the light.
- There is one Holy Book, the Sacred Manuscript of Nature, the only scripture which can enlighten the reader.
- There is one Religion, the unswerving progress in the right direction toward the ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul.
- There is One Law, the law of reciprocity, which can be observed by a selfless conscience, together with a sense of awakened justice.
- There is One Brotherhood, the human brotherhood which unites the children of earth indiscriminately in the Fatherhood of God.
- There is One Moral, the love which springs forth from self denial and blooms in deeds of beneficence.
- There is One Object of Praise, the beauty which uplifts the heart of its worshippers through all aspects from the seen to the unseen.
- There is One Truth, the true knowledge of our being, within and without, which is the essence of all wisdom.
- There is One Path, the anihilation of the false ego in the real, which raises the mortal to immortality, in which resides all perfection.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
“The mind I love must have wild places, a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass, an overgrown little wood, the chance of a snake or two, a pool that nobody’s fathomed the depth of, and paths threaded with flowers planted by the mind.”
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I am so digging this song!
The music and the words are like a healing balm... sounds corny I know... but it's true!
Monday, April 19, 2010
I got this via email this morning, and yes, it looks like it's been circulating since January, and maybe this is old news. I am not sure. I did check the link to the FDA, and they really did recall it. Don't you just love the drug companies? Anyway, here's the heads up:
Drug Recall - Very Serious *** Send to friends & family
CONFIRMED BY: SNOPES.COM & FDA Jan 5, 2010
All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE are being recalled.
STOP TAKING anything containing this ingredient. It has been linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in brain) among women ages 18-49 in the three days after starting use of medication. The FDA recommended that everyone (even children) seek alternative medicine.
The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine:
- Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite Suppressant
- Acutrim Plus Dietary Supplements
- Acutrim Maximum Strength Appetite Control
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Children's Cold Medicine Effervescent
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (cherry or orange)
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine Original
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine Effervescent
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Medicine
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus Effervescent
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold Medicine
- BC Allergy Sinus Cold Powder
- BC Sinus Cold Powder
- Comtrex Flu Therapy & Fever Relief
- Day & Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules
- Contac 12 Hour Caplets
- Coricidin D Cold, Flu & Sinus
- Dexatrim Caffeine Free
- Dexatrim Extended Duration
- Dexatrim Gelcaps
- Dexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine Free
- Dimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable Tablets
- Dimetapp Cold & Cough Liqui-Gels
- Dimetapp DM Cold & Cough Elixir
- Dimetapp Elixir
- Dimetapp 4 Hour Liquid Gels
- Dimetapp 4 Hour Tablets
- Dimetapp 12 Hour Extendtabs Tablets
- Naldecon DX Pediatric Drops
- Permathene Mega-16
- Robitussin CF
- Tavist-D 12 Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal Congestion
- Triaminic DM Cough Relief
- Triaminic Expectorant Chest & Head
- Triaminic Syrup Cold & Allergy
- Triaminic Triaminicol Cold & Cough
I just found out and called the 800# on the container for Triaminic and they informed me that they are voluntarily recalling the following medicines because of a certain ingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children
- Orange3D Cold &Allergy Cherry (Pink)
- 3D Cold &Cough Berry
- 3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D Expectorant
They are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with the lot number on the box so they can send you postage for you to send it back to them, and they will also issue you a refund. If you know of anyone else with small children, PLEASE PASS THIS ON.. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF!
DO PASS ALONG TO ALL ON YOUR MAILING LIST so people are informed. They can then pass it along to their families.
To confirm these findings please take time to check the FDA website, here's the link
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR CHILDREN IN CASE THEY GIVE IT TO THEIR CHILDREN OR TO FRIENDS WHO HAVE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN
Monday, April 12, 2010
So, I'm having this somewhat disasterous day where my car is irretrievably broken, I'm buying an elderly van from my ex-husband that might or might not be in good working order, my lawnmower broke, I have a disconnect notice from the electric company, a broken hot water heater, overdue water bill, way too much to do in one day but hey, I'm at a friend's house so that I can go get my not new but new to me vehicle, and tomorrow I have a class that I hope I will be prepared for and I don't see how that can possibly happen. I'm borrowing money from my mother - thank God I can do that - but I really hate it... and yes I have really good friends or I don't know what I'd be doing right now that didn't involve tearing out my hair and screaming.
Well... I thought, I'll ask the Osho Zen Tarot about my day and see if I can get an idea of what the heck is going on. And this is what I got. I can't make heads or tails out of it. Anyone have any great insights?
The conflict is in man. Unless it is resolved there, it cannot be resolved anywhere else. The politics is within you; it is between the two parts of the mind. A very small bridge exists. If that bridge is broken through some accident, through some physiological defect or something else, the person becomes split, the person becomes two persons and the phenomenon of schizophrenia or split personality happens.
If the bridge is broken - and the bridge is very fragile - then you become two, you behave like two persons. In the morning you are very loving, very beautiful; in the evening you are very angry, absolutely different. You don't remember your morning...how can you remember? Another mind was functioning - and the person becomes two persons. If this bridge is strengthened so much that the two minds disappear as two and become one, then integration, then crystallization, arises.
What George Gurdjieff used to call the crystallization of being is nothing but these two minds becoming one, the meeting of the male and the female within, the meeting of yin and yang, the meeting of the left and right, the meeting of logic and illogic, the meeting of Plato and Aristotle.
The image of integration is the unio mystica, the fusion of opposites. This is a time of communication between the previously experienced dualities of life. Rather than night opposing day, dark suppressing light, they work together to create a unified whole, turning endlessly one into the other, each containing in its deepest core the seed of the opposite.
The eagle and the swan are both beings of flight and majesty. The eagle is the embodiment of power and aloneness. The swan is the embodiment of space and purity, gently floating and diving, upon and within the element of the emotions, entirely content and complete within her perfection and beauty.
We are the union of eagle and swan: male and female, fire and water, life and death. The card of integration is the symbol of self-creation, new life, and mystical
Sunday, April 11, 2010
So, I posted all this stuff about vampires, obituaries and death, and then I found this! The name of the band is Obituary (appropriate to my mood) and the name of the song is Slowly We Rot (once again, appropriate to my mood). What's even better is that I have no idea what they sound like since my sound card is messed up, and the embedded movie is too wide for the post. So it's messed up all around which is also appropriate to my mood!
You know you've watched too many vampire shows when you are walking through a veterinary clinic and happen to see an IV bag full of blood on the counter, and your first thought is, "Yummy!"
And guess what? I did that just yesterday. So it really does look like I've been watching too many vampire shows. How many is too many? Here's the list:
First I watched the entire 7 seasons of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" back to back. Every single night it was 3 episodes of Buffy. Then I rented every single vampire movie I could find at my little video store. I watched "Twilight" and "New Moon" with my granddaughter, (very high school - I can see why she likes it). Then I worked my way through "Moonlight," a fluffy little series, but not too bad. And now I've started in on "Blood Ties" which is actually pretty good. And as soon as the second season of "True Blood" comes out I'll be biting into that one.
Not only that, I've been playing Vampire Wars on Facebook, and having wonderfully satisfying fantasies about when I am a vampire who will I kill. So, it's been vampires on my mind pretty much for several months now.
And then, I open my email this morning only to find out that I'm dead. Or, more accurately one of the living dead, or possibly an even better description would be that I have joined the ranks of the undead, which is quite similar to but not the same as the not dead.
The not quite "normal and sane" part of me is hoping that I'll somehow manage to become a real vampire - maybe by osmosis - so that I can be forever cool and dangerous. Instead of what I actually am, which is ... well... not cool and not dangerous... and I just want my life to be ... well... more interesting!
So, do you suppose that's possible? To become a vampire, I mean? Maybe all these vampire movies could actually begin work on my DNA. The Hawaiian Kahunas believe that you are what you think about! And if that did happen would I miss the sun? Would I be sorry later? And what if it turned out that I was just as uncool and not dangerous in the vampire world as I am in the real world? And what if I really am cool and dangerous, right here, right now, today, I just don't know it? And why do I want to be dangerous anyway?
Imagine my surprise this morning when I checked my mail only to find this Google Web Alert for: shirley gibson.
Shirley Gibson Obituary or Memoriam: Shirley Gibson's Obituary by ...
Online obituary or memoriam for Shirley Gibson. Read Shirley Gibson's life story , offer tributes/condolences, send flowers or create a Shirley Gibson online ...
And of course, now everyone will know my real name isn't Twofeathers, but it doesn't matter since I'm dead. Or, more accurately one of the living dead, and if you are even the slightest bit interested, you can read all about it here.