Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Write Like Who?

Someone suggested that I should write some bad poetry, and guess what! I already have! (You can read it here.) Then I found this nifty little website that will analyze your writing and tell you who you write like... so I had my poetry analyzed... This is what it said:

I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



Stephen King?? Yowsers! I don't even know what to think!! I wonder who I write like when I'm talking about having a not cool not fun life... hmmm... let me see... it's analysing... analysing...

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



Oh hey! It says, David Foster Wallace.. whoever the heck that is... probably some not cool not fun guy. Alright, so, when I'm on a rant, (like maybe this one here) who do I write like?

I write like
James Joyce

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



James Joyce? Ok, I can dig it. That's kind of cool! Oops! Am I doing something cool??? I wonder who I write like when I think I'm actually writing fiction, for example, this story here...

I write like
Ursula K. Le Guin

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



OH WOW, Ursula LeGuin? Maybe I am pretty cool after all!

Ok... that was so much fun that I'm going to have to go sit in my dirty bathtub with all 5 of my cats, 2 of which are in heat, and I'm going to drink a half a warm beer, and think about how much fun it will be to get up in the morning after having had like... I dunno... 4 hours of sleep... and go to a funeral in a vehicle with no air conditioning on a day when it's going to be 95 degrees with 80% humidity. That'll put a surefire stop to all this fun coolness, don't you think?

Oh and by they way: If you've stumbled onto this post like, days or weeks or even months after I wrote it, you might want to read my rules for living a not cool not fun life so you'll know what I'm talking about. It's very... um... David Foster Wallace-ish!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.