Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yeah! I want that too!!


I want to learn how to purr. Abandon myself, have mistresses in maidenhair fern, own no tomorrow nor yesterday: a blank shimmering space forward and back. I want to think with my belly. I want to name all the stars animals flowers birds rocks in order to forget them, start over again. I want to wear the seasons, harlequin, become ancient and etched by weather. I want to be snow pulse, ruminating ungulate, pebble at the bottom of the abyss, candle burning darkness rather than flame. I want to peer at things shameless, observe the unfastening, that stripping of shape by dusk. I want to sit in the meadow a rotten stump pungent with slimemold, home for pupae and grubs, concentric rings collapsing into the passacaglia of time. I want to crawl inside someone and hibernate one entire night with no clocks to wake me, thighs fragrant loam. I want to melt. I want to swim naked with an otter. I want to turn inside out, exchange nuclei with the Sun. Toward the mythic kingdom of summer I want to make blind motion, using my ribs as a raft, following the spiders as they set sail on their tasseled shining silk. Sometimes even a single feather’s enough to fly."

-Robert Maclean

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.