Thursday, February 4, 2010

Annoyingly Cool and I'm Jealous

Ok, so this is cool and I'm jealous! Here I am, researching ideas for websites because I'm going to make one for my sister, and, although I personally need another blog like I need another hole in the head, I'm also looking for an idea for a blog, or a site, or something about Reiki since I'm going to be teaching classes soon and it seemed like something I should be doing... plus it keeps me off that silly Vampire Wars game on Facebook.

And what happens? I find this really cute little website called The Hermitage. The art is interesting, the content is intriguing, and check this out! It's my Vardo Van, it's my great fantasy of running away from home and having a cool life!! Only someone else is living it! Two someone elses actually!




Neat huh? But wait... there's more! Remember when I wanted to be Rima the Birdgirl? Well, guess what her name is... yeah! Rima! And she's an artist! Check this out - it's the header she made for her blog... way cooler than the header I have for mine... especially since I have no header just a dumb cartoon picture that I didn't even draw myself even though I'm theoretically an artist.



Oh... and she made this really really neat video too! And I really like it! Some small consolation can be found in that she didn't write the music and is not the singer of the song.



And then there's this animated children's story that her husband? partner? made, which I also like, and also it gives me ideas about art - and makes me wish I had all the time in the world to just get creative and do cool stuff. And also makes me jealous because she has someone to fix flat tires and chop firewood, drive the Vardo, and make neat animated videos... while I... well... I guess my son in law counts as someone who would fix a flat tire but as for the rest of it? Nobody.. Nada.. Zilch.

Orla Wren - The Fish And The Doll from Tui on Vimeo.



But wait... there's still more! This little video uses images from her childhood, and I wonder if she grew up well whereas I grew up badly or if she grew up as badly as I did only managed to do it in a "weller" way than I have been able to... and yes, the video itself is kind of wierd, but I like wierd, and it's cool, and yes, I'm jealous.

Orla Wren - The First Born Daughter Of Water from Tui on Vimeo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.