Friday, October 26, 2007

My greatest idea yet!

This morning while writing an email to my sister... I had an awesome idea of how to solve my financial problems and my job issues. I decided to post it here because I just might actually do it, and I want to document the day my life potentially turned upside down.

Well, the windshield wiper motor is really expensive... The least it will cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of $100.. the wost case scenario is $300. It all depends on whether the motor itself is broken, or if the wiper mechanism just came off of it. I'll probably have to wait until I have some significant boarding money before I can have it fixed. I lost several hours of pay the day it broke because it was raining really really hard, and I couldn't drive - so my paycheck was short. And I'm looking at a shut off notice from the electric company even as we speak. I can pay the electric bill - but when I do, there will be no money for the car.

Part of the reason I'm coming up broke this month is that Bank of America took $300 out of my checking account for the line of credit. I wasn't expecting them to do that until next month - it's their yearly fee that I pay in order to have the pleasure of being reamed by them for another 12 months. So, the money that I had saved out for the rental car and the trip just disappeared... but I went anyway, and I paid for it by NOT paying a number of bills. I had the expectation of my dog class and my computer class taking up the slack... But both of them got canceled for 2 weeks which put me $240 less than expected.

And Daphne (no surprises here) doesn't have her "rent" money because she lost her job. Did I tell you that her car is now about to crap out? I wonder what they will do.... It's a curious thing...

Talking about this, and thinking about this activates all my fantasies of how to weasel out of it. Like ... selling the property ... and not putting the money in the bank ... and just being a nomad for a while... maybe even a long while... I could buy a van... make it into a Vardo... and be a Gypsy Witch for a while... traveling from place to place... hooking up at state parks... at friend's houses... etc... maybe I could sell snake oil... .... ... I could visit you and we could do art... I could visit Arkansas and dig for crystals... I could visit Michelle and make cool medicine wheel mojos... I could visit my friend Marsha in California and do native american drummings and sell those crystals and the mojos... I could dress like a Gypsy... say to hell with being ordinary and sane ... For money, I could do animal communication and shamanic healing and reiki ... I bet I could sell my art then...

OH MY GOD... THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! I think it might even be my best idea yet! I like it so much that I just might make a plan to accomplish it! The more I think about it the more appealing it is. I could still see Sydney regularly... I could even keep the blogs if I wanted to. Just put up a disclaimer explaining my life style, and then post when I'm at people's houses... and not post when I'm off in no where... I could keep a stash of books, art supplies, and other "important" stuff at Michelle's... Maybe I could keep a stash or a "room" at your house also?

My expenses would be limited to: food, gas, upkeep and maintenance on the vehicle, clothing and misc necessities, dog food and routine animal care, art supplies, cell phone, my yahoo account, cafe press stores, domain names and hosting at godaddy, and camping fees when needed.

I could run away from home and become a gypsy!!!

I want it! I want to do it!
Have I lost my mind?
What do you think?

Here's something else.... I had the van idea on my way back from Oklahoma. I asked the Red Jesus last night to give me some guidance and a good idea of how to navigate my precarious financial situation. Now I'm in the grip of this really cool idea... Do you think it's guidance? Or do you think I'm just nutty? Would you be willing to help me come up with a plan of how to accomplish it? Like... a step by step thing?


They did it!
Why couldn't I?


Now I'm so caught up in the fantasy... and the idea that I can't focus on anything else. So, I'm off to make lists, and plan massive garage sales, and research real estate prices. I've got a lot of stuff to get rid of! And even more to do - if I actually do it, that is. Right now today, it's just a really cool idea... once the cold light of reality blasts down on it, it just might fade and die. I'm curious to see what happens now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea. you could do readings, too. you might be allowing yourself more contact with dangerous situations, but i so wish i could do exactly what you are talking about. with four kids and almost a thousand pets it is sort of no go for me, but after my children are grown and i only have bellah, then i could go....probably in my hoverround....anyway....it might just work. what if you did sell your property and 'hid' the money? if no one could get to the money in an official way, then they couldn't take it. maybe you could use some of it to buy a 'real' gypsy wagon, and a gypsy horse to pull it. (no gas, no car expense) and then get a satellite for your internet...and voila.....miss shirley twofeathers appears one night only at the bookstore parking lot for readings and shamanic paintings......you would just have to make sure that any way you dealt with your money would not make you an easy target for violence and robbery. like you could mail it to someone and they could bury it for you if you got too much in hand to feel safe. i think it has some kinks, but really, how exactly do you sue someone with no address? i think it's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I think the fantasy sounds awesome, but I am going to be the cold dousing of water on this lovely flame of an idea. Yes, you have debt, and you have a moral obligation to pay it off. And I don't mean moral as in today's society's standards, because really, who gives a flying f*ck what society thinks when big corporations are screwing over normal hardworking folks like you and me in the name of profit!! I mean moral as in Karma. If you took on the debt, and now you're hiding from it, how will the universe respond? I think it might actually create MORE difficult and uncomfortable intense situations in your life in order to get you to come out of hiding. At first glance it seems like a brave choice, a big F U to The Man, but I really don't think it is. I think running and hiding from problems is never the brave choice. I know you have the strength, fortitude and imagination to find the RIGHT solution that will pay off your monetary debt, prevent karmic debt AND allow you to run free with the wolves. Keep your imagination going and I know you will find it. It will probably contain a little of what you've described, but will be a legitimate solution to bring you freedom, which is what you're really after. I personally would not want to run away with that horrible cloud hovering over me - I would feel it following me wherever I went and be afraid every time the phone rang....It would be like living in Witness Protection, afraid to stay in one place too long for fear they would find you. Instead, I would want to decimate it - get it paid off bit by bit, get out from under it, and make sure I was in a position where debt would not rule my life again. THEN I would truly be free.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Well, Melissa, I don't know. Right now the Witness Protection program sounds pretty damn good! I already have that horrible cloud hovering over me. It's been hanging over my head for... let me see... 4 or 5 years now.

As for running and hiding... I wouldn't necessarily be doing that at all. Bank of America could sue me to their hearts content, and if I had no property and no job what difference would it make? My credit is already shot. And if I sold the property AND paid them off I wouldn't have anything at all by the time it was all said and done. No home... no credit... and no VardoVan!

I do agree that it would be much better to have enough money to pay off the debt. And if they would just f*cking work with me, and lower the payments... I would be able to maybe even make it... but they are jerks!

And if I could pay that debt off... Then I could sell my mobile home or call someone and say "come and get it" and go traipsing around in my "VardoVan" and NOT sell the land.

And there IS a solution to my financial disaster. I have enough artwork sitting in my closet right now to put a huge dent in that debt. And I have enough other artwork sitting in my computer to finish that dent off... I have enough cool stuff at cafe press to bring me some peace of mind...

But hey! I can't figure out how to sell it.

I have enough monetized blogs - if I could just get enough readers, I might be able to actually pay down the debt. I have skills and talents... But nothing I try seems to be working! The solution eludes me and the stress really weighs me down.

And of course, right now it's just an idea and a fantasy. Next week I might have a different idea and a different fantasy! My UTube video ideas kept me going for almost 2 weeks before the idea petered out due to lack of available cash. This idea might peter out due to common sense and friends who care about me ... I just don't know.

Anonymous said...

Shirley. I say GO FOR IT!
I hope you go on your adventure. What have you got to lose? And you have everything to gain.

Anonymous said...

I don't think your idea is crazy! I know a few people who have done it and none of them have regretted it! I think now would be a good time to do it while you are still young and healthy!

Anonymous said...

When my mother died suddenly and I received an unexpected inheritance, my husband and I were so far in debt and our business was going bankrupt that we seriously considered the same type of idea. Dumping everything and fleeing for the wild beyond. But we didn't and I'm really glad we didn't, because it wasn't the right choice for us. We would look online at islands for sale - did you know you can buy an island for as little as $10,000?? But we stuck it out and worked hard and we're in a much better place now, 10 years later, because we made the choices that were right FOR US. I fully support you in whatever you want to do...but remember to really think and meditate deeply on any ideas you come up with, so you are traveling down the right roads - you don't want to get whacked with a cosmic 2x4 and wind up in exactly the same place next year...

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I deeply appreciate your input and your advice. This is why I posted this in the first place. I wanted to hear all the opinions, I wanted to look at it from every angle.

My sister also sent me a really good answer which I plan to post as soon as I have a working monitor again. At this moment, I am using the computer at work to post this comment.

Who knows, maybe our next prosperity project will be the key to me being free and debt free both at the same time!!

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.