Wednesday, October 31, 2007

100 Things I Need

Recently I have been working at sorting out what I need vs what I fear vs what I want vs what I already have but don't use. Over at The Prosperity Project, we have just begun working The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, a prosperity experiment that will culminate on Christmas Day, when hopefully all of our wishes will come true. The following list is my "letter to Santa" ... so here goes.

I am pretty sure I need the following:
  1. More time.
  2. A place for my art to go other than my closet.
  3. A job that I actually enjoy.
  4. A really good reason to get up in the morning.
  5. Help.
  6. Family - people around me who love me and care about me.
  7. Privacy.
  8. Quiet time.
  9. More fun.
  10. More money to pay my bills.
  11. Fewer bills.
  12. Windshield wipers that work.
  13. To begin to eat only food that is good for me.
  14. To go outside more often.
  15. My water line heat taped and insulated before it gets really cold.
  16. To stop being afraid of spiders, bugs, dirt, and hard work and get under the trailer and take care of that water line.
  17. To take better care of my physical self.
  18. Way more exercise.
  19. Something really interesting to be involved in.
  20. Healthy food in my refrigerator.
  21. To go to the beach.
  22. To stop being afraid of Bank of America.
  23. To stop being afraid of getting old.
  24. To stop being afraid of what my life will look like when my little dog dies.
  25. A good cry.
  26. To run screaming naked through my field.
  27. Freedom.
  28. For my life to have some purpose other than living until I die.
  29. An adventure.
  30. To roll on the floor laughing until I cry.
  31. To feel better in my body.
  32. A shower.
  33. A new pair of glasses.
  34. To go to the dentist.
  35. To stop internalizing all my anxiety and fear.
  36. To find away to release my inner fox - the one that's eating me alive.
  37. A night out under the stars with a fire and friends.
  38. To breathe.
  39. A hug.
  40. A shoulder to cry on.
  41. A soft place to land at the end of the day.
  42. To get rid of really a lot of junk.
  43. Peace within even if there is chaos without.
  44. To make friends with my inner dad.
  45. To make friends with my inner mom.
  46. A spirit of forgiveness and acceptance of my failures and flaws.
  47. To feel loved.
  48. To feel.
  49. A better daily routine.
  50. Some discipline.
  51. To know that I am OK.
  52. To detox my body.
  53. And my emotions.
  54. Happiness.
  55. A community where I belong.
  56. To visit my sister.
  57. To know that my children will be OK.
  58. Love.
  59. A massage.
  60. To be appreciated.
  61. To appreciate myself.
  62. To tell my family and friends how much I appreciate them.
  63. Someone to help me get my house in order.
  64. Not to be so alone all the time.
  65. To relax.
  66. To find a better balance of mental and physical activity.
  67. To climb out of my box.
  68. Energy.
  69. Enthusiasm.
  70. Courage.
  71. To listen more and talk less.
  72. Acceptance.
  73. Money to flow easily to me and from me.
  74. To stop whining and complaining.
  75. To stop being scared of my bank account.
  76. Confidence.
  77. To stop sabotaging myself at every turn.
  78. To be my own best friend.
  79. To be a better best friend to Michelle.
  80. To get ready for winter BEFORE it gets here.
  81. To stop running and hiding.
  82. To smile more often.
  83. To cut myself some slack.
  84. Fulfillment and satisfaction at the end of the day instead of anxiety and an oppressive sense of guilt.
  85. My mind to be still so my heart can breathe.
  86. Did I say to go outside? Because I really think I need to be outside way more than I am.
  87. To take a chill pill.
  88. To do a much better job of cleaning up after myself.
  89. Water.
  90. Waves.
  91. Sand.
  92. Salt.
  93. Shells.
  94. Touch.
  95. To really in habit my body - fully and completely.
  96. Kindness.
  97. To get my car cleaned out so I can take my granddaughter Trick-or-Treating tonight.
  98. For this post to be finished really soon.
  99. A frosty glass of tea with lemon.
  100. To be content with myself and my life even if not one of these needs gets met.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You already are the bestest friend i have ever had. you feel like my sister, and i love you...(even though i was 79 on your list) hehehe just kidding.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I just looked, and even though you are 79 on my list, you are the ONLY friend even ON the list... so... there! And I love you too.

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.