Friday, February 8, 2008

Ok so... here's a story for ya.

The day before yesterday I spent $30 at the grocery store. And then, yesterday, I paid $15 to have a flat tire fixed. This morning I put $15.00 worth of gas in my car, enough money to get me to work and back for the next 3 days. Then, I log into my email only to discover that I have a "low balance" warning from the bank. It seems I have $232.00 in my account. So, I'm thinking "that's alright. After all, it's only a week until payday, I've got a $60 check in my purse, and by the end of the month I'll have some boarding money coming in. I'll put off taking my dog to the vet, and everything will be fine if I'm really careful and nothing "exciting" happens.

Then the exciting thing happens....

I check the mail and find a disconnect notice for my cell phone... some anxiety there.... a little heart clenching goes on... but the bill is only $20... I still have the $60 check... the upcoming automatic withdrawal for the car insurance is somewhere in the neighborhood of $70... I'll be fine if I'm really super careful and nothing "even more exciting" happens. So, I paid the cell phone bill.

Then the even more exciting thing happens...

I get an email saying that my check to Bank of America in the amount of $220 was just mailed. Don't you just love automatic bill pay services? They make sure those bills go out when they are supposed to go out ensuring that forgetful flakey people (like myself) don't have their utilites turned off and their homes foreclosed on just because they forgot to visit the mail box, or because they did visit the mail box but put all the mail in the glove compartment of the car and forgot about it for 3 months... stuff like that.

So... I'm sitting here doing the math...
Getting excited...

By tomorrow morning I'm going to be at least... let me see...
Oh God... this is way too exciting...

Breathe... Shirley.... Breathe
At least I've got beer!
That's a bonus!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 Comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Lol Shirley, isn't life grand.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Bob, you gotta love it!

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.