Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Worst Sympathy Letter Ever Written

Dear Edith,

I just heard the sad sad news! To say I'm sorry doesn't seem to be adequate. It's the old story, ''mere words cannot express - - "

I've thot (sic) of you so often and always going to call, but I'm sure you realize how little time I have; and it's much much more difficult since Wilbur's 2nd stroke - last January.

He can't walk at all now and sits in his wheelchair on the front porch, or inside watching television. Thank God he can still do that as he has had more brain damage.

I sleep on the davenport in living room so I can help him with the urinal every two to three hours - it eliminates a wet bed, which happened at first. I became desperate around about April or May and decided I just had to have a change, so I decided to go with the Hosp. group on their yearly trip. I talked it over with Wilbur and to my surprize (sic) he was for it emphatically!

The two weeks I toured Holland, Germany and Austria with the group Wilbur stayed at Smith Nursing Home in Skokie. He sure was happy when I came to bring him home!

I'm falling asleep writing this. Call me when you feel like it. Edith, I was thinking of you most of today before I heard the news.

Hoping your sorrow won't be too difficult to bear.

Your friend,

Lucy


P.S. I'll say a prayer for you and your son, Jimmy?


More ridiculous stuff can be found at my new website: Hey It's Me

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.