Friday, January 8, 2010

I might have figured something out!



Well... I have been snowed in for days, haven't been to work since Tuesday, and I'm starting to get a little stir crazy! Even though I have no way to go to the store... (well that's not entirely true... maybe if I took a crowbar and pried my car door open, took a blowtorch and warmed my battery up, and then slid in and out of ditches for 2.4 miles... it's possible I might actually get to a place that sells food). And even though I will probably have no money for food anyway... I have been doing nothing but eat. Munch. Munch. Munch!

Sitting and eating, blogging and eating, reading and eating, watching TV and eating... By the time the weather clears I'll be too fat to fit into any of my clothes! Not only that, but I'm feeling old and used up, tired and dragged out, weak and just plain... well... bleah!

On top of all that, I've started a new Prosperity Project centered around my yearly obsession with the Lord of the Rings. I don't know who anybody else on the Project wants to be (not entirely true... I know Daniel is identifying with Sam), but I have been aching to be Aragorn. And it's stupid, because all the while I'm wanting to badly to be this strong, athletic, physically fit, well diciplined hero... what am I doing? Eating... mostly. Well... there is a fair amount of sleeping going on too. All this time when I could be working out! Practicing slashing heads off of Orcs, and I'm spending it doing what??? Hanging out on facebook? It's stupid.

Stupid, except that I did find some really interesting stuff, and now I have a really good idea for something that might give me at least a small start in my quest to be Aragorn. First thing I found was this cool article about the 256 year old man. I guess he never thought he was too old to live his life. If I had 256 years... well... there'd be plenty of time to create the life I want to create, and I could stop with the ridiculous notion that it's too late, and I'm washed up, over the hill... etc. etc. ad infinitum...

Then, I stumbled onto a page about Kitchari. And wow! There it is! My ticket to feeling better and stronger, and a great way to break the cycle of eating mostly crap. As soon as I can get to a store, I'm going to buy the ingredients and get started with a 5 day Kitchari fast...

Ok, I can just see you rolling your eyes and nodding, all the while thinking... yeah right. I'll believe that when I see it... and yes, you will, because I'm really going to do it. Not only that, but I'm going to budget for martial arts classes. If this 93 year old man can do it, I can to.

I think I actually have the beginnings of a plan for how to be Aragorn this year. Wanna hear it?
  1. Immerse myself in the Living a Larger Life project.
  2. Get healthy - start with the Kitchari - and follow through with better choices.
  3. Investigate matrial arts classes, and figure out what's possible for me to actually do.
  4. Find something that I can actually do right now, something that doesn't cost money or require me to get into my car. Hmmm.... there must be something ....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.