Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Red Jesus

Wicked Cool Red Jesus

So here is the Red Jesus. The pictures do not do justice to him, they do not show the detail nor do they show his face very well bcause there is no contrast.. it just shows up as mostly red.. but he really does have a very beautiful face.. Anyway.. I love him.

This is the story of how he came to live in my house:

I was going through a particularly difficult time (not unusual for me), and some friends and I went "gallery" hopping in downtown Kansas City. We wandered into a little home decor store, and there, on a bottom shelf, in a corner, were a number of vibrant ... amazingly vibrant ... red ... brilliant red ... Jesus statues. I couldn't take my eyes off them. Finally I picked one up, and what a surprise! It was actually a velvet flocked hollow plastic bank.

At the time I had about $5 to my name, the Jesus bank was $20 (or something like that), so, reluctantly, I put him back down and that was that. Or so I thought.

Well, I couldn't stop thinking about him, nor could I stop talking about him. It occured to me that if a person had a religious icon that vibrant, that beautiful, that eye riveting, how could it not be really powerful? And the fact that it was a bank made it even better. I was convinced that if you were to put your prayers, your hopes and wishes into that bank, that they would absolutely come true. How could they not?

Since I couldn't buy one, it occured to me that I could use it as a visual meditational tool, and so I started imagining that I was giving my problems and worries to the Red Jesus... Amazingly, I found that I could give the situation to him and really and truly actually let go of it.

At the time, I was struggling with a really gruesome situation at home. During the winter 2 of my sheep had wandered onto the pond, broken through the ice, and drowned. It was now coming into summer, and I still hadn't figured out how to get them out of there. I cannot describe how awful it was. I had seen them go down, not a thing I could do to help them, and every time I looked out my window, there they were floating. I had asked my neighbor for help, called around here and there, and no luck... nobody wanted to have anything to do with it.. I didn't want to have anything to do with it...

This was the first thing that I gave over to the Red Jesus.

Three days later... yes... three days later, someone offered to come get the sheep out of the pond for me, I didn't have to have anything to do with it at all. Didn't even have to watch or anything. It cost me $200, and somehow that money was there to pay them with. It was a miracle!

So, I was telling my sister this story, and she suggested that I should go back downtown and get a Red Jesus for my house. And I said, well, I don't have the money, and so far it's working for me - so - the way I see it, if the Red Jesus needs to actually be in my house, he'll show up there.

Three days later... yes... three days later, my friend Daniel handed me a gift bag. Guess what was in it? You guessed it! My very own Red Jesus. How cool was that?

I have had miraculous results with him. If I can really give him the situation... really let go of any need to control the results... just say "Here, this is the problem, I'm sure you can fix it in the best possible way." Within 3 days, whatever it was that was a problem gets totally resolved.

My sister was fascinated as well. This is what she had to say, "He is very beautiful and so odd he just has to be a symbol and I got very curious as to who and why someone would manufacture such a thing. So, I looked up Red Jesus and this is what I found - I found him, exactly like yours on Wickedcoolstuff.com; I found a red jesus nation wristband - Red is the color of his blood, representing salvation, hope and a secured eternity... There were a couple of paintings titled red jesus and apparently the group Cult has a song out - Red Jesus. The words of Jesus in some bibles are printed in red. This was a cursory search - my curiosity remains piqued. It would make a wonderful title for a book wouldn't it?"

I think he is very powerful. Jesus saves, literally!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.