Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Incubating a Dragon

Several weeks ago, I found a Shaman Stone at a rock shop. It was the same day that I bought the Celestite. It isn't much to look at, but I love this little stone. When I hold it in my hand, it gets warm, and then I can't put it down.

Because I wanted to carry it around all the time, I got the idea that I would make a bag for my Shaman Stone so I could wear it and have it with me all the time without having to worry that something might happen to it in my pocket.

And that's what I did. On the evening of the Solstice, there was a full moon, and I was thinking about dragons, and suddenly it occured to me that if I made a "dragon" bag for my stone, I might feel a teeny wee bit better about my inability to acutally BE a dragon. So I found some really cool yarn, all fiery and free spirited, and knitted a little bag for my stone.

I popped it into the bag and put it around my neck and, I swear to God, it felt alive. Like a little baby dragon incubating inside that warm round stone. It sits right over my heart, and when I touch it, or hold it in my hand, it's like a small warm egg. So. Maybe I'm nutty - but that's OK - I'm feeling so much better now that I'm "dragon sitting."

If the unbelievable actually happens, and a dragon does hatch, I'm pretty sure his name will be Moqui. And yes, I do know that the chances of a real live dragon are pretty much non existent, but even if I don't end up with a dragon - I'm pretty sure that something magical will come from it. How can it not? And I'm willing to wait and see. So I'll keep you posted!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.