Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Being Kind


The first message that came to me was "Wait for the Signal" and so I waited. And I waited. It occured to me that it's easier to wait for a signal when you know what the heck the signal actually is. But then I heard a whistle, and I knew that was it - the signal.

So, I opened the book again and the first thing I saw was a frightened almost feral looking child. He had that "deer caught in headlights" look which I can totally relate to. I was unable to establish any kind of communication with him at all. We just sat there and stared at each other for a while.

Then I looked over at the facing page and found my teacher for the day. She was clearly a mother. Her face was strong and kind. Her eyes were warm and generous. She said:
Inside you is a frightened child.
So be kind.

It occured to me that this must be true of every one. It sounds really kind of mushy and sentimental now, after the fact, but it felt so good in that moment - like something in me loosened up and relaxed - and I gave that frightened child within me a smile and a hug. It was good!

And since then, I've noticed that whenever I'm feeling angry at someone or impatient, whenever I'm all tensed up and having anxiety, if I just remember the two of them, I'm back in that same good place all over again.

Amber Canyon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.