Thursday, January 10, 2008

I made a sale at Cafe Press!


Actually I made two sales! So that was nice. My mom bought two things from my Cafe Press Store, a package of greeting cards and a mug. I have a really great mom! These are gifts for friends of the family. I was totally surprised by what she picked out.

Now here's the stupid thing: Instead of being really happy about the sale, I am only moderately happy because there is this really silly insecure part of me that wonders if she had a really had time finding something that she liked well enough to buy, the ridiculous insecure part of me that wonders if this is what could be called a "mercy sale". Why can't I just be happy with the sale?

Just the other day I was telling my sister about how I was trying to think up an "I would be happier if..." and couldn't come up with anything, that my "happiness meter" was over the top, and that while I could come up with "It would be nicer if..." there was no "happier" if. Then, something good happens, something successful happens, and suddenly I'm thinking I would be happier if I could just let myself be happy (with the sale) ... which sounds insane!

So, what's up with that?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 Comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Hey congrats on the sales!, I know what you mean I do the same thing, take the sale and run with it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me, your sister. We got a new computer and your e-mail address didn't move over and -here's how stupid I am - I can't find your e-mail address anywhere! I see you've tried to call a couple of times. Hope all is well - I have been out doing errands. Sorry.

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.