Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Talking About Me

My sister said, "I was reading about the secret language of water – he says that we must compliment ourselves and be very careful about using negative words… "

So I thought, OK, what is it that I am saying about myself? Of course, I couldn't remember anything other than an email which I sent to my sister, detailing all the ways in which I suck. So, I thought it might be interesting to go through all the posts on this blog and see what I have said about myself.

Negatives first:

  1. I'm freaking out and embarassed.
  2. I am afraid
  3. I crucify myself a thousand times
  4. I stab myself in the back
  5. I feel pressured and squeezed
  6. I feel like a failure
  7. I am only moderately happy
  8. I am depressed
  9. I am not working
  10. I will never be a kickboxer
  11. I will never be that cute
  12. I will never be that limber
  13. I will never be that quick
And here are the positive ones I found:
  1. I love working on big impossible projects.
  2. I am an intensely creative person.
  3. I get insanely bored with routines.
  4. I am the "flower nurse"
  5. I am curious.
  6. I forgive
  7. I am now amazingly inspired.
  8. I'm creative
  9. I understand
  10. I am not depressed
  11. I am all happy and impressed.
  12. I am working
  13. I am the resident heretic

You might disagree with some of the things I have listed as positives. for example... the one about being insane and bored, and the one about being a heretic. However, I enjoy those things about myself , so for me, they get tagged as positives. And, it's highly possible that I may have missed a few, it was quite a task reading all the posts on the blog. Also, I omitted the ones that were more about facts and activities I was/am engaged in, and I also left out anything phrased as a question. I find it very interesting that the lists are so well balanced. I thought for sure that the negatives would outweigh the positives 2 to 1. I wonder if my self talk is as balanced as my blog speak?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.