Monday, July 21, 2008

Community Support


Turned this morning to three people doing ceremony, body painted and dancing. And if felt like a validation of what I did last night.

I thought about how they had a support system of people to prepare the area and provide drumming, and support in other ways. I did have my friend Michelle, and that was really nice. But she wasn't really in sync with what I was trying to accomplish, and I could see how much easier my little ceremony would have been had I been able to do it in the context of a community of support, other dancers, elders, and etc.

I watched them for a while, and then one of them looked over at me and I heard. "You did good. Now it's time to rest."

Amber Canyon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.