Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Am Awesome!

Remember my "grandiose scheme?" That impossible daily routine? I have actually figured out a way to pretty much do it. How cool is that? Not only that... but I've actually been DOING it! I am so awesome!!

Third_Eye_by_DrLyzerg

Here's what the routine looks like:

9am to 9:30 am - Getting Started:

  • get up,
  • stagger around and get the coffee going,
  • let the dogs out,
  • uncover the birds,
  • figure out what day it is,
  • drink the aforementioned coffee
  • NOTE: I have a little timer that I set so that I don't end up sitting there like a zombie for an hour or so.

9:30am to 10:30am - My Meditation Practice:

  • do a Hawaiian Kahuna meditation technique which consits of connecting visually and auditorily with the awesome cottonwood tree that lives just outside my window,
  • open my Native American book and have a conversation with whoever happens to show up on the page,
  • spend 15 minutes doing a sufi Meditation for Restoration and Repair
  • grab a handful of cornmeal and go outside and make an offering to the sun and say hello to the four directions
  • NOTE: I give myself an hour for this, which gives me plenty of time. I didn't want to feel like I was "on the clock." The only thing I set the timer for is the sufi meditation. Usually I get done with enough time to drink another cup of coffee before moving on to the next thing on the schedule.

10:30am to 11:30am - Taking Care of Shirley

  • Yes... it's right there in writing, and I'm actually doing it! How cool is that?
  • first up is 20 minutes of excercise.
  • Anything that involves me moving in a more vigorous manner than what I'm used to is fair game for the 20 minutes. Dancing, yoga, Tai Chi, mowing the grass, walking the dog, it's open ended. I can do whatever I want as long as I don't stop moving for 20 minutes.
  • I figure I can do just about anything for 20 minutes.
  • I like the freedom of doing whatever feels good. Mowing was especially fun because I knew I could stop after just 20 minutes whether I was done or not.
  • next up is 40 minutes for taking a shower, brushing my hair, a quick breakfast, stuff like that.

11:30am to 1:00pm - Household Chores and Art

  • the first 30 minutes is dedicated to housework. It's not a very long time - but it's more time than I usually spend - and I figure that I can clean house for 30 minutes without having a nervous breakdown or dying of boredom.
  • What gets cleaned is totally optional. If I want to spend the 30 minutes cleaning up an area for an art project - that's fine.
  • Paying bills and anything else that I hate to do can be tucked into this half hour.
  • The instant the timer dings, I'm done.
  • Now, I've got a whole hour dedicated to doing art. Today, I'm working on a mosaic. And yes, an hour isn't very long, but it's there for me every single day, and that feels really good!

1pm to 1am - The Rest Of The Day

  • Check it out! That's 12 hours!!
  • Now is the time for appointments and errands.
  • I can visit friends and family if I want to.
  • On days that I work, I'll still have plenty of time to get ready and get there.
  • Marathon blogging can still be done.
  • Art - yard work - goofing off - reading - watching TV - I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT FOR TWELVE WHOLE HOURS!!
  • If I want to have an organic garden - this is when I'll work on it.
  • If I want to remodel my house - this is when I'll do it.
  • If I want to spend hours and hours cooking everything I eat from scratch - this is when I'll do it.
  • If I want to teach Reiki, do shamanic healing, build a sweat lodge, or just sit outside and enjoy the weather...
  • And if I want to go to bed early - I can do that too!!

1am to 9am - Getting 8 hours of sleep

  • Yes ... 8 hours of sleep, and that's I stretch the schedule to the max.
  • On days that I work, I get home by midnight, so I can piddle around taking care of the dogs and still be in bed by 1am.

Is this cool or what? It's flexible enough and loose enough that I don't feel constricted by it. It gives me enough time to do pretty much whatever I want. For the first time in a long time, I'm starting to think that I'm going to actually get my shit together!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 Comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Woo Hoo good for you!!

My day, 6:35 am get up, shower, dressed, at work by 7:oo am, take a bazillion calls, put out tons of fires, get home by 5:00 pm, take a bazillion calls from people at work, still, they miss me so much that they want to tell me what's broke now. bed by 11:00pm, unless the sky is clear and there is happenings like conjunctions, usually get called in the middle of the night for broke stuff that only I can fix, up at 6:35 am, the cycle starts again, hey I do get Saturday and Sunday off, only get a few calls, usually between 1-5 in the morning, I love my life,lol.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Hey Bob! You really are awesome! A guy who fixes things, puts out fires, and still finds time to look at the stars!!

Really! That's pretty cool!

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.