Monday, July 7, 2008

My Washing Machine Issues!

laundry-room-x



As some of you know, I've been without a working washer and dryer for several months. Well, a miracle has occured, and last week someone brought to my house ... you guessed it! ... a washer and a dryer.

While I was waiting for them to show up, I asked the people across the road if they wanted the old broken washer and fire hazard dryer to sell for scrap. A very delighted person showed up 5 minutes later and bingo... the old washer and dryer got moved out of the house.

You'd think I'd be happy... and I was.. all the way up until they started loading the washer into their truck. All of a sudden I was having a major panic attack! I started thinking... OMG what if I need them someday... what if the new ones don't show up... or if they break or something... then what will I do? How will I do my laundry?

LOL. It was hilarious. I couldn't believe it! Here I was thinking that I should keep two broken appliances just in case the not broken ones break some day! And how would I survive without a washer and a dryer.. It was too stupid.

Then, there was this lull between the time when the broken appliances left and the new ones showed up. I opened the refrigerator and the milk wasn't very cold. I immediately started worrying that my refrigerator was going to be the next thing to break down. I was about to comfort myself with the thought that if worse came to worse I could use the washer as a "cooler" ... but OH NO! I DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE!!

More anxiety... I can't use my broken washing machine as a temporary cooler for my refrigerator (which wasn't broken)!

Then, the new appliances showed up. And that was nice. I got to do laundry and that was even nicer.

But wait... was I happy and at peace? Not me. Now I was feeling bad that my old washer and dryer were on their way to the scrap yard. Like I had somehow betrayed their trust or something!!

Is that stupid or what? No wonder it took me so long to get a new washer and dryer! And now, having researched at the Church of Google, surfing for the right image to illustrate this post, I discovered to my DISMAY that I didn't even really NEED a new washer! If only I had known about this or this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 Comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Lol, hey you borrow worry like I do, part of me is laughing, part of me is thinking, wow good point, shouldn't got rid of them just yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi shirleytwofeathers, next time you have a problem with your washing machine, have a look at
http://www.mywashingmachinesbroke.com
you might find a cheap and easy solution.
regards Dan

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate comments - however - comment spam will be deleted when discovered. A big thank you to every one else for taking the time to put your two cents in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ask Auntie Moss

Auntie Moss

Ask any yes or no question, and Auntie Moss be givin' you an answer. This old witch woman is wiser than you think. Go ahead, give it a go.
Your question:
Auntie Moss says:

For A Different Kind Of Reading Try This!

Disclaimer

Images that appear on this site, original or modified for entertainment purposes, are copyright their respective owners and shirleytwofeathers claims no credit unless otherwise noted. If you believe your copyright has been infringed upon please contact me so I can start the removal process.